3.07.2008

new toy and other news.

On certain lunch breaks when I didn't feel like eating I would hit the hardware store next to us at work. I would walk around and always end up in the paint section looking at swatches. Unlike in Manila, there are actual swatches that you could take home in the paint swatch sections here. The deal is to take home a paint swatch and tack it on the wall to see which color/shade works best with the kind of lighting you have in your space. So technical. I just take the swatches home because I think they're pretty nifty.

So anyway, yesterday I was at the hard ware store to pick up some packaging tape when I finally decided to get my own paint swatch book. Some thing I've been wanting for months now. A new toy for $9.99.

---

Some updates on shows I am looking forward to see this Spring/Summer.

- I got a mailer for the upcoming shows at the Brooklyn Museum. They're going to have their annual Brooklyn Ball to coincide with the opening of the ©MURAKAMI show in April. Tickets are $1K each... I wonder what swag they'll be giving out this time? At the MOCA gala, they had a Murakami mug as well as a plexiglass "placemat" and an LV place card holder. All readily available on ebay the next day. There also was some hoopla about the "placemats".

- Turns out Beautiful Losers will be shown nationwide in theaters this Summer... yay!

No comments: